Solid State Doppler Weather Radars
Storms are a major cause for damage & loss of assets, materials and lives. Statistically storm related damage can be curtailed by as much >70% by prior knowledge of what is expected using Doppler Weather Radars. Over the years billions of Dollars have been lost due to damage caused by severe weather & storms. A Doppler Weather Radar can provide early warning of an impending storm that could damage or destroy materials and lives causing billions in lost revenue and repairs. Doppler Weather Radars are also extremely useful in tactical operations against enemy and insurgents.
MicroMet offers a range of X, C, and S Band Doppler Weather radars for all meteorological radar applications.
MicroMet radars are designed to detect precipitation, make velocity measurements, and measure the variations of the refractive index in the atmosphere that may be generated by local variations of temperature or humidity. They have the capability of determining the phase difference between the transmitted and received pulse. The difference is a measure of the mean Doppler velocity of the particles. These radarscan be used for:
- Severe weather detection, tracking and warning;
- Surveillance of synoptic and mesoscale weather systems;
- Estimation of precipitation amounts.
MicroMet Doppler Weather Radar Salient Features:
- Fully Coherent Doppler Weather Radar
- FULLY Solid State Doppler Radar
- PC Based Doppler Radar Display
- GUI Interface For A Doppler Weather Radar
- 64-bit High Resolution Doppler Radar Display
- Real-time Integration Of Lightning And Doppler Radar Data
- Fully Integrated Real-time Storm Tracking
- Windows & LINUX Based Doppler Radar Display
- Widest Range From Portable To 28ft Dish Antenna Radars