The detection of hidden materials is important for a number of government, military, and Intelligence, applications, including:
- Urban and battlefield surveillance
- Buried Mine Detection / Mapping
- Covert Activity Detection / Monitoring
- Detection of Hidden Assets Under Cammo-Nets
- Border patrol,
- Detecting and monitoring of illegal activity, such as drug manufacturing, and
- Security at vulnerable or high value sites.
A Synthetic Aperture Radar is an ideal sensor for these applications because of its large standoff distances and its ability to operate day or night in all weather conditions.
MicroMet’s Foliage Penetration Radar is a unique high resolution Synthetic Aperture Radar that can be mounted on an appropriate airborne platform to enable users to detect targets hidden under foliage.